Twana A. Tahir
Address: Sulaimany city,Kurdistan region, Iraq
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgACADEMIC QUALIFICATION
M.Tech. in Environmental Management (2012)
Master of Technology (Environmental Management)
Thesis: “Waste audit at coconut-based industry and vermicomposting of
different types of coconut waste”
University of Sulaimany, Sulaimany, Kurdistan region, Iraq
B.A. Honors in Agricultural Science (2006)
Areas of Concentration: Crop production
Agricultural Cooperative Development International (ACDI) and Volunteers
in Overseas Cooperative Assistance (VOCA) Researcher (2007)
(Preparing reports, including site visiting and providing instructions on how to develop and manage the organization structure).
Complete scientific reports on water pollution in Klang river in Malaysia.
Complete report on the pyrolysis pilot plant to recycle plastic waste to oil in Melaka, Malaysia.
PUBLICATIONS AND PAPERS
Waste to Value-Added product: Sustainable Approach of Household Organic Waste Treatment via Vermicomposting “, BioMalaysia, November 2010, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
Tahir and Hamid: Vermicomposting of two types of coconut wastes employing Eudrilus eugeniae: a comparative study. International Journal
Of Recycling of Organic Waste in Agriculture 2012 1:7.
WASTE AUDIT PROCESS AND VERMICOMPOSTING OF AGRICULTURAL WASTE. 2014. ISBN 978-3-659-57046-9. LAP
LAMBERT ACADEMIC PUBLISHING. GERMANY.
Kurdish – Native language
English – Speak fluently and read/write properly
Arabic and Persian – Speak a little bit, read, and write with basic competence.
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL REVIEWER (2014-2015)
1. Journal of Agricultural Sciences
2. Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Food Science.
Since 2012, i am teaching several courses at Komar University of Science and Technology/ Environmental Engineering Department plus working as an Academic Adviser.
Academics: As a Lecturer: Teaching the following courses:
1. Environmental Management
2. Introduction to Environmental Engineering
3. Solid Waste Management
4. Environmental Health
5. Health, Safety and Environment
Administration: Working area within Komar University:
1. University Student Advisor (2013-2014)
2. Assistant coordinator from Exam and Marketing committees (2013-2014)
3. University Council member (2014-2015)
4. Faculty Representative at University level (2014-2015)
5. Founder of Environmental student group (PAK) (2014-2015)
6. Director of office of Quality Assurance and Accreditation (2015- present).
7. The National University Ranking (NUR) Committee member at Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research for the Academic year (2016-2017).
Awards and Recognitions:1. IPPP, University of Malaya research grant, (2011).
Workshop and Training:
1. Clean Environment for better future. University of Sulaimani. May 17th – 18th 2014.
2. The Importance of ABET Accreditation for Engineering and Technology. Sulaimany City/High Crest Hotel. May 27th 2015.
3. Continuous Academic Development (CAD). Feb 10th 2014.
4. Classroom Assessment Techniques (CAT’s). Feb 11th 2014.
5. Assessment Tools vs. Course Learning Outcomes. Feb 13th 2014.
6. Designing Course for an effective learning. Feb 15th 2014.
7. Leadership Training. November 26th -27th 2016.
(Description), (Evaluation Activity),(Year).
1. Sivan Saadun, Exploration of Recyclable waste Material as a Short-term Solution to the Environmental pollution Facing Sulaimania Province. Graduation project, Fall 2016.
2. Kozhan Kawa and Muhammed Taha, Analysis of the Water Coning in oil wells by correlations. Graduation project, Fall 2016.
IP phone 133